|Job Ad Responsibilities
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
Epigeum, part of Oxford University Press, is an innovative and dynamic publisher of online courses and programs for the global Higher Education markets. We build our courses in conjunction with leading experts and universities around the world.
Our publishing program is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a Development Editor to continue developing our portfolio of interactive online courses aimed at researchers, teachers and students in Higher Education.
In this newly created role, you will oversee the development of content and pedagogy across new and flagship courses. Reporting jointly to the Commissioning Editor in New York and the Head of Publishing in London, responsibilities will include:
• Market research into instructor and user challenges, decision drivers, use of teaching and learning materials, and future needs.
• Input into course outlines, working alongside the commissioning team.
• Plan and develop the pedagogical approach to be used in each course.
• Identify key subject experts to join programs as Authors and Reviewers, working alongside the commissioning team.
• Attend launch workshops with collaborating universities and facilitate workshop discussion to achieve feedback on program content and pedagogy.
• Manage the Advisor, Author and Reviewer teams to achieve delivery on schedule and to plan, working alongside the editorial team.
• Carry out in-depth assessments of draft content from authors to ensure it meets market needs, paying particular attention to the strategic vision, learning outcomes, pedagogy and user experience.
• Work with authors to develop content as necessary, in particular leading on the creation and refinement of interactive elements and activities to convey information or test knowledge.
• Create review panels of subject experts, assess feedback on draft material and provide guidance to authors in line with the strategic vision for the program.
• Input into design, animations and illustrations, working alongside commissioning, editorial and design teams.
• Ensure the final published program achieves its strategic aim and meets the needs of the market.
• Work closely with the international sales and marketing teams to share product info and positioning, and collaborate on key customer leads and opportunities
• Be a champion for the programs, internally and externally (at launch workshops with customers, at conferences etc).
|Job Ad Requirements
||• Experience developing content
• Experience publishing digital courses or online resources
• Awareness of trends and developments in e-learning
• Understanding of trends in Higher Education
• 3 - 5 years’ experience in publishing industry preferred
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
- EEO is the Law.
||Send This Job to a Friend