Primary Purpose – to learn the process of removing imperfections and defects from titanium castings using various grinding methods under the supervision of the department lead or designee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Operate a pneumatic hand grinder to begin removing imperfections from castings.
2. Operate a belt grinding machine to surface grind and blend welds on castings.
3. Make sure appropriate paperwork remains with castings before and after process.
Other Duties and Responsibilities – include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Maintain work station in a clean and safe manner.
2. Assist A and B level finishers as required.
3. Move castings to and from storage areas during the work process as required.