- Responsible for performing the wax injection mold process for aerospace production parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs daily checks which include, making sure wax die tools are clean. Checking temperature and pressure gages of the wax press machine ensuring they are correct. Checking wax levels in press machine and melting pots, while also checking for hydraulic
- Retrieve aluminum dies from storage area to be used for daily work. This involves pushing the dye onto a cart to transport the dye to a work station. Wax die tools weigh from 25 up to 250 lbs. each.
- Must be able to consistently produce wax molds that meet engineering specifications for quality.
- Must be able to meet and maintain quantity and quality requirements.
- Must be able to understand and follow molding and storage technique cards. Demonstrating the ability to correctly fill in all required information.
- Responsible for the wax and its condition which individual will be using and will only use wax which has been released through Quality Control Department.
- Must be able to recognize defects in wax patterns and what causes each type of defect.
- Push and pull wax dies in and out of mold press during operation. Dies range in weight from 25 to 250 lbs.
- Other Duties and Responsibilities include, though are not limited to, the following:
- May make minor repairs to equipment which include performing minor maintenance within individual capabilities. When the malfunction or maintenance is not within the capability of minor repair the next step would be to alert the Wax Department Assistant
- Assists Molder A in the performance of job duties.
- Perform other duties as directed, including work outside the Wax Department.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Must be able to perform all functions of Molder Trainee position.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels within the organization.
- Able to read and follow written and verbal instructions including injection/assembly tech cards.
- Able to prioritize tasks.
- Understand measurements and effectively use a ruler and tape measure.
- Able to lift and/or move light to heavy objects up to 50 lbs independently.
- Able to work in unison with co-workers using a buddy lifting technique moving objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
- Must have good manual dexterity and be mechanically inclined.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Able to work as a team player and be self-motivated.
- Basic ability to read, write, able to perform basic arithmetic calculations and understand decimals and fractions.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively at any shift such as days, swing, graveyard or weekends.
Tools and Equipment Used
- Wax injection mold machines
- Stoner (silicone release agent)
- Brake Fast (cleaning agent)
- Chem Solv 80 (pattern cleaner)
- Heavy equipment (forklifts, cranes, manipulators)
||Send This Job to a Friend