This Staff Accountant position is a key member of the Accounting team. He or she will be responsible for preparing monthly entries and reconciliations related to general accounting transactions, capital expenditures and accounts receivable. This person will
also be responsible for accounts related to the CPG business line.
- Recording the cost of newly acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Preparing a monthly reconciliation of the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Preparing audit schedules related to fixed assets and other general ledger accounts as well as assisting with audit inquiries.
- Reconciling capital expenditures –budget to actual.
- Monthly inventory reconciliation for both in-house and third party locations.
- Responsible for the application of cash payments to customer accounts utilizing our accounting system (Microsoft NAV).
- Preparing and maintaining customer account reconciliation schedules.
- Assisting with the collection efforts for past due accounts and answering specific customer billing inquiries.
- Assist accounting team with projects as needed.
Staff Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting.
- CPA license highly desirable.
- 3-5 years of experience as a staff accountant, preferably in a CPG or multi-unit manufacturing environment.
- Extensive Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint experience. Should be proficient in Excel pivot table usage, v-lookups, formulas, etc.
- Experience with mid or high-level ERP system
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to meet scheduled deadlines, working independently and in a team environment.ywords: Accounting, Finance, Accounts Payable, AP, CPG, Retail, Restaurant, audit, fixed,
||Send This Job to a Friend