Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following; some in conjunction with and some to support Purchasing Manager:
- Placing/confirming Purchase Order’s.
- Managing the Fruit Rotation & Compliance, as it relates to purchasing (i.e., purchasing correct sizes/varieties).
- Coordinating shipping/receiving of product to/from off-site facilities.
- Managing the inventory counting staff & overall process of taking inventory.
- Entering Inventory counts into Eatec.
- Entering Merchandise Arrivals in Eatec.
- Manage the storage and rotation of product with the Receiving Supervisor to ensure all company procedures are being followed.
- Purchases according to menu planning, product specifications, and COGs control system using costing tools and budgets as directed by the Purchasing Manager.
- Manages the procedures for ordering, receiving, storing, and packaging meals and foods items in large quantities. Implementing and maintaining “first in first out” principles of inventory management.
- Utilizes company production planning tools and resources to ensure facility accountability for client orders.
- Maintains, according to company standards, the highest levels of food safety, sanitation and cleanliness in all production facility areas.
- Develops and maintains accurate records, makes mathematical computations, and prepares production reports.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with manufacturers and kitchen employees to ensure food costs are aligned with the operating budget.
- Maintains monthly waste log and calculate monthly costs at close of month end inventory as directed by the Director of Operations.
- Ensures food and packaging returns and credits are accurately processed as directed by the Culinary Manager.
- Work with various internal teams, as needed.
- Coordinate product quality issues and vendor performance with Purchasing Manager, Director of Purchasing & Quality Assurance.
- Maintain positive manufacturer/distributor relationships.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
Qualities & Qualifications
- The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- 1-2 years purchasing and Supplier management experience.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills are required with the ability to quickly learn new programs.
- Able to work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Able to multi-task in a professional, respectful manner with keen attention to detail.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
- Bi/Multi Lingual is a plus.
- Valid driver's license required.