||Director of Operations, CPG
Revolution Foods has a unique business model with a presence in schools and in consumer packaged goods (CPG). The role of the CPG business is to elevate and expand the brand from our core strength in school meals. This is to be achieved through a broad portfolio
of products that are kid- and family-centered but have broad appeal and can access national distribution. The CPG business will drive revenue growth through innovation focusing on bringing healthy, convenient meal solutions to families and will be margin accretive
to the company. We currently have products in the refrigerated lunchbox category and snack bar category and are actively expanding within existing category as well as into other categories.
With responsibility for all CPG operations and product commercialization, this role is a key leader in our CPG business. As our operational leader, this role will ensure smooth operations in terms of copacker strategy, supply chain planning, customer service,
and logistics. This role will work with a cross functional team to create and commercialize disruptive CPG innovation for the Revolution Foods brand that is consistent with our brand values and food standards. The Director of Operations will be fully responsible
and accountable for ensuring operational excellence and delivery of high quality products on time that deliver a positive consumer experience, meet customer needs, and meet business objectives for margin and CapEx.
- Ensure all product and ingredient specifications are properly translated from R&D, and documented and communicated to manufacturers and suppliers
- Identify co-manufacturers and partner with them to leverage their manufacturing and R&D capabilities to commercialize innovation, including CapEx planning
- Ensure Manufacturing Instructions and Product Manuals are documented and communicated to copackers
- Establish SOP’s and maintain controls and procedures for order accuracy, timeliness and quality
- Develop the long-term strategy for the use of contract manufacturers and coordinate and prioritize efforts of the contract manufacturers
- Responsible for developing and meeting budget for Cost of Goods for all CPG products, including ingredient cost, logistics, distribution and CapEx
- Establish and improve process flow and SOP’s at contract manufacturers
- Responsible for distribution strategy in to achieve the company's target customer service levels and distribution cost goals
- Manage new product commercialization for multiple line extensions, new products and new categories simultaneously
- Ongoing value engineering, analysis and improved efficiency of supply chain
- Seek and order product samples based off the needs of the development and marketing teams
- Collaborate with CPG QA Manager to ensure all production processes and co-manufacturers meet our quality expectations, protocols and reporting procedures
- Identify and work with contract manufacturers on continuous improvement and best-practice initiatives to reduce costs, which will encompass processing, ingredients, and packaging.
- Provide insights, evaluations, and recommendations on potential new contract manufacturers (for new product commercialization, cost reduction, network optimization, growth, etc.). Conduct on-site evaluations of operations, as well as financial stability.
Develop proposals for management team, identify risks and opportunities, and requirements to move forward.
- Prepare commercial agreements with contract manufacturers and 3PLs, as needed, negotiate contract terms, price and product specifications with suppliers and co-manufacturers
- Oversee start-up of new manufacturing processes or product lines to ensure quality, cost, and delivery targets are met
- Identify alternative sources of ingredients and packaging to reduce costs.
- Develop and report on all relevant KPIs (eg production attainment, consumer complaints, etc.). Set targets and monitor progress against internal goals, as well as industry benchmarks
- Interface with R&D to provide input on manufacturability and start-up support for the introduction of new products and packaging
- Manage and minimize capital investments with contract manufacturers
- Identify cost-effective strategies to improve the sustainability of products and packaging
- Stay current on industry developments relative to processing, equipment, and packaging innovation, and identify potential applications for Revolution Foods innovation
Education and Experience
- BS and Master’s degree, Engineering Degree preferred
- 7 – 10 years experience in operations and/or commercialization of CPG food products with co-manufacturers
- Substantial food manufacturing experience, particularly with natural food products in refrigerated, frozen or other temperature-sensitive categories
- Demonstrated success working with co-manufacturers to develop cutting edge food products
- Experience with both continuous processing and packaging equipment
- Experience negotiating procurement, and commercial agreements
- Personal passion for mission driven, triple bottom line organizations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to convey complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, including wearing multiple hats, operating without highly structured processes, and no task too small nor too large
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work independently
- Financial acumen to include knowledge and comfort with managing P&L cost and profit drivers
- Demonstrated experience improving operations and key metrics, especially with respect to quality improvement, new product development and commercialization, and cost reduction
- Ability to interact successfully with cross-functional stakeholders at all levels, inside and outside the company
- Bias for creativity in approach to problem solving
- High managerial maturity, demonstrated by ability to work with a cross functional team and navigate sometimes conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies across food and packaging
||Send This Job to a Friend