||Food Safety and Quality Coordinator
Founded in 2006, Revolution Foods serves fresh and healthy breakfast, lunch, snack, and supper meals to students in education programs nationwide, where two-thirds of these children are in low-income households. The meals are home–style and based on real
food ingredients like whole grains and fresh fruits and vegetables. We never use high fructose corn syrup, artificial trans fats, preservatives or anything artificial.
Our thousands of community hired employees are dedicated to our mission; everyone pitches in where needed to make sure the kids we serve get high-quality, healthy meals delivered to their schools each day. Headquartered in Oakland, CA, Revolution Foods serves
meals via local culinary centers to metro markets across the nation including California (Northern and Southern), Colorado, Houston (+San Antonio), Mid-Atlantic (D.C., VA, MD, DE), NY Metro Area (PA, NJ, NY, CT) and New Orleans; and we are expanding into new
metro markets every year!
The Food Safety and Quality Coordinator will provide technical and administrative assistance for Revolution Foods Food Safety and Quality Assurance programs out of our Home Office in Oakland, CA.
- Develop, administer, train and maintain applicable food safety policies and related standard operating procedures for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Food Safety Inspections: Conduct supplier and DC inspections for GFSI, FSMA and GMP programs, write and issue the reports to appropriate managers. Monitor the reporting logs and corrective actions that are to be taken.
- Conduct mock recalls and lead as Recall coordinator for the organization.
- Assist purchasing team with Supplier Approval, Certificates of Analysis, product information, questionnaires and samples.
- Participates in and support plant and corporate initiatives including GFSI and FSMA.
- Assist in the development of food safety programs. Track the effectiveness of these programs including standards, training, and quality documentation.
- Interface with other functions to ensure that company business initiatives meet quality, regulatory and food safety standards.
- Monitor and update quality documents, procedures, work instructions, forms, raw material specifications, packaging, in-process products and finished products.
- Must be able to work flexible hours·
- Currently hold HACCP certification or be willing and able to certify on the job
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, and internal customers.
Education: Bachelors in Food Science or related field is preferred.
Years of Experience: 1-2 years of experience in Quality Control/Assurance in food industry is preferred.
Knowledge and competencies:
- Knowledge of Global Food Safety Initiatives (GFSI), Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP).
- Experience in creating reports, completing forms, and otherwise communicating in writing anything that may be passed on to an employee, vendor, customer, potential customer or members of management.
- Must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to read and interpret basic written instructions and perform tasks and projects derived from written instructions. Understand, read, speak and write in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications: Outlook, Word, Excel. Microsoft Access and Power Point is preferred.
- The employee must have the ability to work with milk, egg, tree nuts, wheat, peanuts, and soybean products in addition to many other ingredients and allergens.
||Send This Job to a Friend