||The Plant Manager will direct and coordinate all manufacturing activities of the school meal production that takes place at our Oakland, CA Culinary Center by performing the duties below either individually or through subordinate Supervisors. The Plant
Manager will provide leadership in the production environment by developing and implementing short range plans and identifying goals and objectives to meet the company’s vision, mission and long range strategic plans. He or she will manage employee and material
resources to ensure that product is produced efficiently, cost effectively, on time, and at optimum quality and quantity levels. The Plant Manager is responsible for promoting, identifying and implementing opportunities for continuous improvement through constant
assessment of employee, machine and process effectiveness. He or she develops, guides, and motivates Supervisors, leads personnel and team members to effectively meet the rapidly changing needs of the business. The Plant Manager leads all production planning
and is accountable for the prioritization and coordination of the work flow. Reporting to the Oakland General Manager, the Plant Manager works collaboratively with a Purchasing Manager direct report, and a peer in quality assurance and quality control.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee daily operations of Production Supervisors and review performance of subordinates; Set yearly goals and objectives for each direct report and continuously measure performance against those goals.
- Provide leadership and vision to Supervisors and employees to accomplish their task of maximizing throughput, improving quality and customer service, and reducing operating costs.
- Create a team environment among peers and team members. Promote employee morale and motivate through positive communications and proactive problem solving to ensure an efficient, stable and friendly work environment.
- Comply with, understand, and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory agencies and mandates. Uphold HACCP, OSHA, FDA, GMP and plant safety guidelines.
- Enforce all federal, state, environmental, and company safety regulations, and ensure training of employees is adequate in order to comply with those standards.
- Execute Standard Operational Procedures (SOP) in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), FDA guidelines and best practices for each departmental task. Observes workers to ensure compliance.
- Facilitate execution of shift productivity, quality and safety against set goals. Understand yield and quality requirements and make decisions to improve and protect those requirements.
- Manage, train and develop team members in production by identifying training needs, mentoring and coaching Production Supervisors and lead personnel.
- Review production work orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products as well as scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans and directs production activities, prepares operational schedule and establishes production priorities to effectively manufacture within set operational standards, cost factors and quality specifications.
- Ensure facility complies with sanitation and allergen program as well as additional housekeeping rules set forth by the company.
- Compile required reports regarding regular inspections, safety & GMP violations, operating efficiencies, capacity and actions taken to resolve identified deficiencies.
- Review financial statements, production and operating reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and evaluate achievement with respect to production goals.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality to obtain optimum production and utilization of staffing, equipment and space.
- Confers with management and quality personnel on production problems, and recommends changes in equipment, documentation, layout or work practices to improve standards.
- Evaluates existing processes and procedures and suggest improvements. Support development and enhancements to production methods.
- Work with other departments to achieve company goals and objectives and ensure service level agreements are being met.
- Effectively communicate all relevant production information to the appropriate department and staff members.
- Responsible for executing and completing all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field along with a minimum of 5 years Production Management experience, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Food Production/Manufacturing management background and experience with established manufacturing production standards such as Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, Lean, etc., with an understanding of how to lead and develop High Performance Teams, and the
ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Shall have experience and knowledge in dealing and working with: FDA, GMP’s, HACCP, USDA, OSHA, etc.
- Knowledge of Office Suite software, database experience a plus.
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Manages project team activities.
- Verbal Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively.
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Managing People - Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.
||Send This Job to a Friend