This Staff Accountant position is a key member of the Accounting team. He or she will be responsible for preparing monthly entries and reconciliations related to general accounting transactions, capital expenditures and accounts receivable.
- Recording the cost of newly acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Creating and monitoring a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recordation of fixed assets.
- Preparing a monthly reconciliation of the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Calculating monthly depreciation in the Accounting system for all fixed assets.
- Reviewing and updating the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Preparing audit schedules related to fixed assets and other general ledger accounts as well as assisting with audit inquiries.
- Tracking company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations.
- Responsible for the application of cash payments to customer accounts utilizing our accounting system (Microsoft NAV).
- Preparing and maintaining customer account reconciliation schedules.
- Assisting with the collection efforts for past due accounts and answering specific customer billing inquiries.
Staff Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting.
- CPA license highly desirable.
- 3-5 years of experience as a staff accountant, preferably in a CPG or multi-unit manufacturing environment.
- Extensive Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint experience. Should be proficient in Excel pivot table usage, v-lookups, formulas, etc.
- Experience with mid or high-level ERP system
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to meet scheduled deadlines, working independently and in a team environment.
Keywords: Accounting, Finance, Accounts Payable, AP, CPG, Retail, Restaurant, audit, fixed, asset
||Send This Job to a Friend