||Certified Athletic Trainer
Responsible for the sports medicine needs of the student-athletes in the football program. Work closely with sport coaches, strength coaches, physicians and medical facilities concerning the student-athletes health and wellness.
1. Adhere to University, Kansas Athletics, Big Twelve Conference and NCAA policies and procedures.
2. Maintain knowledge of departmental activities, sports schedules and procedures.
3. Foster cooperative relationships with fellow staff members within the department.
4. Support the athletic department goals and philosophies as described by the Director of Athletics and works to achieve and uphold the department's mission statement and core values.
5. Maintain a positive attitude toward performing job duties and in working with other staff members.
6. Exhibit professional decorum during working hours.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Position:
1. Assist with the organization and supervision of student-athletes in all sports with primary sport responsibility of football.
2. Assist with pre-participation physical examinations.
3. Prepare timely and accurate documents, e.g., injury/illness reports, care and reconditioning updates, daily athletic training records, injury/illness summaries for coaches, medical and other correspondence.
4. Properly document injuries as well as treatment and rehabilitation sessions of injured athletes.
5. Utilize evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation techniques when providing health care for student-athletes.
6. Follow prescribed rehabilitation and treatment protocols of team physicians when providing health care for injured or sick athletes.
7. Communicate effectively with coaches and team physicians regarding injured or sick athletes.
8. Communicate effectively with strength and conditioning coaches regarding the injured student-athletes strength and conditioning parameters and limitations associated with injury rehabilitation.
9. Coordinate student-athletes evaluations and treatment follow-ups to physicians.
10. Maintain NATA-BOC certification and the State of Kansas licensure by attending continuing educational seminars.
11. Monitor and maintain the proper balancing of chemical levels within the pools and proper water levels of the pools.
12. Supervise athletes using pools for therapeutic purposes and rehabilitation.
13. Maintain medical malpractice liability insurance.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Sports Medicine.
Selected Athletic Trainers:
1. Mentor students within the undergraduate athletic training major and serve as a classroom and/or laboratory instructor.
2. Participate in the athletic training major curriculum as an approved clinical instructor in cooperation with the Program Director and the Clinical Coordinator. Provide direct supervision of athletic training students completing clinical experience practicum
in the Kansas Athletics’ athletic training clinics.
3. Supervise a Certified Athletic Trainer Intern assigned to football.
• Master’s Degree in Athletic Training, Physical Education, Health or related field
• Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) with NATABOC
• Licensed Athletic Trainer (LAT) with State of Kansas Board of Healing Arts (eligible)
• Two (2) years of experience as a university/college athletic trainer
• Minimum of one (1) season working with football
• Good or above average communication skills
• Willing to teach athletic training courses
• Licensed Physical Therapist
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products
• Proficient with SIMS software
||Send This Job to a Friend