||Senior Associate Athletics Director/SWA
||POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
To ensure timely consideration, please apply on or before March 5, 2017. The anticipated start date is on or before July 1, 2017.
Responsible for directly supervising selected sports and providing administrative guidance and support to those coaches and their programs. Works closely with administrators from various KU offices (Student Affairs, Institutional Opportunity and Access, Diversity
and Equity, etc.) to provide appropriate education/training for Kansas Athletics staff and KU student-athletes. Serves as Senior Woman Administrator to the University and the Big 12 Conference and contributes to work of those groups. Oversees Sports Medicine
unit, travel contract, assigned facility operations (e.g. tennis facility and indoor golf facility), and other administrative assignments. Supervises and assigns projects to Assoc. AD for Administration. The position reports to the Director of Athletics.
Responsibilities of all Positions at Kansas Athletics:
1. Adhere to University, Big 12 Conference, Kansas Athletics, and NCAA policies and procedures.
2. Maintain knowledge of departmental activities, sports schedules, and procedures.
3. Foster cooperative working relationships with immediate supervisor and staff members who work within or outside the work unit.
4. Support the athletics department goals and philosophies as described by the Director of Athletics and work to achieve and uphold the department’s mission statement and core values.
5. Maintain a positive attitude toward performing job duties and in working with other staff members.
6. Exhibit professional decorum at all times while representing Kansas Athletics.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Position:
1. Supervise and provide administrative guidance and support to assigned head coaches, overseeing the annual budgeting process, assessing program effectiveness, and assuring adequate support services are available.
2. Serve as liaison with University Student Affairs Office regarding student-athlete conduct issues, as they arise.
3. Serve as liaison to KU Housing and Dining Services departments regarding policy issues as they arise.
4. Serve as liaison with University Sexual Assault Prevention and Education Center (SAPEC) for staff and student-athlete training/education efforts.
5. Monitor Kansas Athletics efforts to comply with Title IX and NCAA gender equity principles including roster management and serving as liaison to the KU office of Institutional Opportunity and Access (IOA).
6. Ensure compliance with all applicable University, Big 12, and NCAA rules and regulations.
7. Oversee NCAA Student Assistance Fund (SAF) disbursements, assuring compliance with NCAA and Big 12 legislation and guidance.
8. Monitor NCAA governance issues and contribute to University’s position on new legislation.
9. Represent the University and Kansas Athletics in fundraising efforts as determined by the Athletic Director.
10. Serve as one of the University’s representatives for Big 12 Conference activities and efforts; communicate and coordinate appropriate institutional issues with the Big 12.
11. Serve as Senior Woman Administrator to the University and the Big 12 Conference and contribute to work of those groups.
12. Serve as voting member of Kansas Athletics Advisory Committee.
13. Oversee Sports Medicine unit with direct supervision of Head Team Physician and Asst. AD/Director of Sports Performance.
14. Oversee Kansas Athletics adherence to the campus Security Act (or Clery Act) and associated institutional reporting requirements.
15. Oversee on-site contractual service provider for travel services to Kansas Athletics’ staff and teams.
16. Oversee Kansas Athletics’ Drug Education Program, providing direction to Assoc. AD/Administration and Sports Medicine staff, as appropriate.
17. Facility management responsibilities include working with Jayhawk Tennis Center (JTC) staff to manage/operate facility for maximum benefit to student-athletes and patrons of JTC; also serves as liaison to Alvamar Golf Course regarding operations/management
of Kansas Athletics facilities located at Alvamar.
18. Attend national meetings sponsored by the NCAA and other organizations to keep current on national issues and to bring ideas back to Kansas Athletics.
19. Work to identify ways through which the Kansas Athletics image can be enhanced by maximizing public relations opportunities.
20. Serve as mentor for student-athletes and professional staff, as appropriate.
21. Coordinate and complete selected projects as assigned by the Athletics Director.
NOTE: Please provide a cover letter, resume, and three professional references as a single attachment when asked to upload your resume to your electronic application.
||Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university; a minimum of five years of experience working in a management, leadership or supervisory position; evidence of strong organizational and administrative skills as demonstrated by application
materials and work history.
Preferred: Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university (strongly preferred); administrative experience in NCAA Division I Intercollegiate athletics; a minimum of five years of experience in intercollegiate athletics or in an upper level administrative
||Send This Job to a Friend