||Position Summary: Performs assigned duties and projects in various areas of the Williams Education Fund (WEF), including but not limited to: providing general office support during the regular business day; managing approximately 1000 donor accounts and
generating approximately $500,000 in annual revenue; assists, markets, and promotes the Williams Education Fund at assigned games, events, and receptions; oversees WEF social media accounts (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
Graduate Assistant positions are limited to a maximum of two academic years and currently receive a monthly stipend, and payment of tuition, fees, and required course textbooks.
Responsibilities of all Positions at Kansas Athletics:
1. Adhere to University, Big 12 Conference, Kansas Athletics and NCAA policies and procedures.
2. Maintain knowledge of departmental activities, sports schedules and procedures.
3. Foster cooperative working relationships with immediate supervisor and staff members who work within or outside his/her work unit.
4. Support the athletics departmental goals and philosophies as described by the Director of Athletics, and work to achieve and uphold the department’s mission statement and core values.
5. Maintain a positive attitude toward performing job duties and working with other staff members.
6. Exhibit professional decorum at all times while representing Kansas Athletics.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
1. Provide general office support during regular business day, including but not limited to, answering the telephone in a courteous, professional manner; recording messages accurately and provide any necessary follow-up to ensure that the caller is assisted;
greeting visitors to the office in a courteous, professional manner; and provide administrative support to Williams Education Fund full-time staff;
2. Educate donors on priority point system, select-a-seat, parking, donor memberships and benefits;
3. Manage approximately 1,000 donor accounts; responsible for generating $500,000+ annually;
4. Accurately document checks into tracking spreadsheet daily; organize mail and distribute to the necessary staff member or KAI department; proof WEF pledge forms and verify pledge sheets from Aspire/Sales staff; assist Gift Processing Specialist with WEF
batch proofing as directed;
5. Assist Assistant Director-Williams Fund with management of Williams Fund U (student membership) accounts; promote and organize events on campus;
6. Assist Assistant Director-Williams Fund with recent graduate and young alumni programs;
7. Assist, market, and promote Williams Education Fund at games, events, receptions, etc. or as needed by Director of Donor Hospitality & Events;
8. Organize Williams Fund common and storage areas; provide updated inventory on WEF/donor travel gear, supplies, promotional products, gifts, WEF letterhead/envelopes;
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director – Williams Education Fund and/or the Assistant Director-Williams Fund;
10. Return all phone, text and email messages within 24 hours.
11. Oversee production and inventory of branded promotional items and Williams Fund letterhead.
12. Coordinate Williams Fund digital marketing presence, in conjunction with Communications, to promote departmental initiatives.
13. Manage and coordinate updates (events, deadlines, calendar, forms) to WilliamsFund.com content and to the online donation website, DonorNet.
14. Oversee Williams Fund’s social media accounts with a goal of increasing brand awareness and communication via followers (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
• Bachelor’s degree in sport management or closely related field;
• Admission to University of Kansas Graduate School pursuing a master’s degree in sports studies, higher education degree, or an MBA;
• Ability to work an irregular schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Previous internship in a collegiate athletics department, professional sports program or closely related organization.
||Send This Job to a Friend