||Waste Water / Maintenance Manager
Job Title: Waste Water/Maintenance Manager
Department/Division: Production Administration
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Location: Goodyear, Arizona
Reports to: Plant Manager
Responsible for leading a quality-based maintenance program designed to support production efforts of the Goodyear plant. Perform a variety of duties such as controlling the Plant maintenance budget, maintenance spending control, computerized maintenance management
system, and plant facility improvements.
• Schedule and manage maintenance associates in the installation, repair and proper maintenance of all equipment to ensure efficient operations and safe working conditions.
• Provide technical guidance regarding the design and installation of equipment and systems and recommend methods to overcome complex engineering problems.
• Conduct daily inspections throughout the Plant to check production and operation of all primary equipment.
• Maintain effective spare parts and preventative maintenance inventory to reduce costs and production downtime.
• Provide leadership and direction to maintenance associates and act as lead troubleshooter to support associates on all shifts.
• Keep Plant Director appraised on progress of all department activities; relate any pertinent information which affects productivity and/or effectiveness of operations.
• Manage the waste water plant and the maintenance employees to maintain the water suitable to dump into the city.
• Responsible for the overall operation and reporting of all waste treatment functions at all locations.
• Requires a clear understand of the chemistry required to perform bench tests and sample collections as needed.
• Responsible for, to the best of his/her ability, keeping the company in compliance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations and permits as they pertain to waste water treatment.
• Overall responsibility for all administrative functions pertaining to the waste water department.
• Conduct periodic inspections of non-production equipment including HVAC, battery-powered equipment, and building structures.
• Identify and meet with suppliers to ensure most cost-effective parts procurement.
• Immediate response to items that present safety hazards to associates, vendors, or customers while on company property.
• Oversight of the installation or modification of equipment to support production needs and identification of operational methods which increase mechanical efficiency.
• Purchase all maintenance supplies and liners for the production ring.
• Maintenance Mechanics
• Building Maintenance
• Waste Water Treatment Technician
Required Experience & Skill Set:
• 5+ years experience in mechanical support of a manufacturing facility, HVAC, and electrical maintenance, preferably in the food industry.
• 2+ years experience in a supervisory position.
• Ability to troubleshoot problems and develop resolutions.
• Ability to support organization through proven leadership, supervising, coaching and mentoring.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Significant experience in a deadline driven environment.
• Ability to anticipate issues and communicate to management prior to production failures.
• Requires knowledge of wastewater operations usually acquired through 5 years of experience and the acquisition of an operator's license.
• Bachelor’s Degree or related experience and/or training.
• Continuing education and training in Maintenance related topics.
Physical and Mental Demands:
• Frequent climbing, walking, sitting, and carrying may be required.
• Fast-paced environment that requires organizational skills and ability to manage stress.
• Flexibility in work schedule may be required.
• Requires constant reasoning, remembering, mathematical reasoning and language ability.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Moderate exposure to chemicals.