Reports to: Production Supervisor
Position location: Bluffton, IN
Position Scope: The packing position is the inspection of finished product prior to being bagged and the placing of the bagged product in boxes/cases/displays. The Packer will assist in ensuring the Plant environment meets food safety cleanliness
objectives and operates according to established safety standards.
- Ensuring appropriate housekeeping standards.
- Monitoring product quality.
- Communicating with other packers, PMOs and Quality Assurance.
- Maintaining a positive attitude and integrity at all times.
- Completes all production functions in accordance with established quality and packaging standards.
- Ensures work area is kept clean and well-maintained.
- Cleans equipment as needed to meet food safety standards.
- Visually inspects at “pick out” to find defects in the product.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Required Skill Set:
- Must be self-motivated.
- Ability to respond to changes quickly and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to perform constant repetitive motion in a physically demanding position.
- Knowledge of safe operating practices involved in the use of lock-out/tag-out programs and food safety.
- Strong commitment to company values.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Fast-paced work.
- Required to climb stairs and work at elevated levels.
Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, this is a fast paced environment that requires employees to climb stairs and at times work at an elevated levels. The employee’s constant requirements are standing, pushing, hearing and repetitive motion. Frequent
requirements are crouching, reaching, feeling and lifting (max of 65#). Occasional requirements are climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, walking, pulling, grasping, talking and carrying.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee’s occasional mental process requirements are reasoning, remembering (retaining) and language ability.
Work environment conditions may require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, side shields, hearing protectors and hair nets.