Innovative + New-Venture = Inventure
Boulder Canyon Natural Foods
Bob’s Texas Style
Where To Buy
In The News
Inventure In The Community
Inventure In The Community
Boys & Girls Clubs
Ronald McDonald House
Phoenix Childrenâ€™s Hospital
City Of Hope
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
PKGING MACHINE OPERATOR
PACKAGING MACHINE OPERATOR (PMO)
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Position location: Goodyear, AZ
Position Scope: The PMO will work in conjunction with the Production Supervisor and the Packers to support the production efforts of the Goodyear Plant on their assigned shift including production, quality, packaging, and maintenance of packaging machines. The PMO will assist in ensuring the Plant environment meets food safety cleanliness objectives and operates according to established safety standards.
1. Ensuring adherence to established food safety standards for the Plant.
2. Maintaining packaging equipment in a safe and operational mode to ensure a zero accident culture.
3. Troubleshooting and performing preventative maintenance of packaging equipment.
4. Monitoring product quality and responding to issues identified by Quality Assurance and the Packers.
5. Partnering with Material Handlers, Spicer’s, and Supervisor’s to ensure appropriate communication of assignments and changes to the schedule are made to avoid over or under running product.
6. Communicating with the Processing PMO to inform them of change overs
7. Using team work to help the other PMO’s on your shift in times of multiple change overs or to help trouble shoot a machine problem.
8. The machines need to be run at the designated bag speeds provided on the schedule.
9. Change overs should be organized and timely.
10. All raw materials need to gathered and accessible in your work area for the items you are scheduled to run during your shift.
11. You are responsible for organizing breaks and rotations with your group of assigned packer’s.
12. Managing the product level on the allen and rev-gate conveyors to avoid wasting product
13. If a hold is created on product that you have produced, and it is recyclable, it is your responsibility to have it re-worked. If QA marks it as destroy you must ensure it gets disposed of in the chip bins.
14. PMO’s must fill out process control checks to ensure their lines are running good quality product meeting the plant specifications.
15. Maintaining a positive attitude and integrity at all times.
16. Ensures work area, packaging machinery, and other equipment are kept clean and well maintained.
Required Skill Set:
General mechanical skills consistent with 1-2 years experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Must be self-motivated.
Ability to respond to changes quickly and pay close attention to detail.
Knowledge of safe operating practices involved in the use of lock-out/tag-out programs and food safety.
Experience with general category tools (Allen wrenches, screw drivers, etc.).
Strong commitment to company values.
Fast-paced, medium work.
May be required to periodically climb stairs and work at elevated levels.
Physical Activities Required for this position:
Lifting (Min 0/Max 70 lbs.) Constantly
Repetitive Motions Frequently
Send This Job to a Friend