||Ambulatory Surgery Center
||Major Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintains the stands of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures of the facility and documents legibly all care provided for patient
• Assesses the patient’s condition and nursing needs: sets goals; prescribes appropriate nursing actions to meet those goals and the physical, psychological, social and rehabilitative needs of patient and assures patient safety at all times.
• Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding patients to the appropriate person (i.e. physicians, or nurse manager, anesthesiologist) and documents those observations accurately and concisely.
• Directs, supervises and evaluates nursing care provided to patients.
• Initiates the development of and completes the individualized plan of care provided to patients.
• Administers medication and performs treatments to assigned patients.
• Participates in economical utilization of supplies and ensure that equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
• Participates in orientation of new personnel.
• Assists team members, including physicians, in giving care to patients, or administers direct care when professional nursing skills and judgment are needed.
• Establishes and maintains professional communications; initiates teaching opportunities with patients and other significant individuals.
• Participates in the maintenance of a clean and safe environment.
• Assumes charge responsibilities as required.
• Restocks supplies at the end of each day.
• Assures patient confidentiality at all times.
• Exhibits flexibility in areas of assignment.
• Performs other functions as requested by the Nurse Manager.
Education and Formal Training:
• Completion of an educational program from NLN accredited school of nursing, current licensure with the Tennessee State Board of Nursing and current certification in CPR, ACLS, and PALS.
• Prefer current experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of endoscopic and operative nursing principles, methods and techniques. Skill in performing nursing procedures. Considerable ability to deal tactfully with patients, visitors, physicians and co-worker. Ability to motivate and manage people.
Ability to maintain composure under stressful conditions. Thorough knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care appropriate to any age level and any level of growth and development.
Environmental: Regular exposure to diseases or infections. Occasional, stressful situations involving patients, family, or physicians. Personal: Excellent physical and mental health.
• Physical Demands: Prolonged extensive or considerable standing/walking. Assists with lifting and moving patients. Lifts supplies/equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching.
• Working Conditions: Regularly exposed to the risk of blood borne diseases. May be exposed to or occasionally exposed to patients elements.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment
Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- Holston Medical Group participates in E-Verify
||Send This Job to a Friend