||PRN (as needed), No benefits
||The Medical Laboratory Technician I (MLT) is responsible for performing lab tests with precision and accuracy paying close attention to detail. The MLT will work directly with providers, nursing, and other staff members and is expected to maintain a level of quality that meet or exceed customer expectations through process improvement and a team oriented approach. They are expected to provide excellent customer service to the patient, their co-workers, and to others they come in contact with during daily operations.
• Perform lab tests with precision and accuracy paying close attention to detail
• Prepares specimens for microscope examination
• Perform procedures such as CBC (Complete Blood Count), Urinalysis, and Acute Care Kit testing
• Input results in computer and report results to other Health Care Team members in an accurate and timely manner
• Perform phlebotomy and collecting specimens for testing and working with patients of all ages and development levels
• Maintain safety and infection control standards
• Must maintain a high standard of performance, quality control, calibration, testing, and reporting of results
• Maintain equipment operation
• Stock/order lab supplies as needed
• Maintain confidentiality in matters relating to patients and testing results
• Meet or exceed customer needs in a caring, effective and cost effective manner
• Maintain levels of quality that meet or exceed customer expectations through process improvement and a team oriented approach
• Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.