||The Coding Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that the correct reimbursement codes are being used for services rendered for patient care. This position helps to complete, review, and process medical claims to assist the organization in obtaining the
correct reimbursement from insurance companies for services provided to patients.
• Verify and ensure the accuracy, completeness, specificity and appropriateness of diagnosis and procedures code documentation based on the services rendered by provider of Holston Medical Group
• Review medical records to ensure that coding and billing of these services is appropriate
• Complete appropriate paperwork/documentation/system entry regarding billing claim/encounter information.
• Assure the accuracy, completeness, specificity and appropriateness of diagnosis information recorded fore each patient encounter.
• Demonstrate analytical and problem solving ability regarding barriers to recording and validating accurate information
• Perform data quality reviews on coding to validate the ICD-10-CM, CPT code and modifier assignments appropriateness and any missing diagnoses
• Identify patterns, trends, and variations in coding or claim data submitted and take appropriate steps in collaboration with the right department to effect resolution or explanation of the variance
• May be responsible for insurance denial follow ups
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of
personnel so classified.