||PRN (as needed), No benefits
||Major Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
Quality of Job
• Maintains the stands of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures of the facility and documents legibly all care provided for patient
• Assesses the patient’s condition and nursing needs: sets goals; prescribes appropriate nursing actions to meet those goals and the physical, psychological, social and rehabilitative needs of patient and assures patient safety at all times.
• Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding patients to the appropriate person (i.e. physicians, or nurse manager, anesthesiologist) and documents those observations accurately and concisely.
• Directs, supervises and evaluates nursing care provided to patients.
• Initiates the development of and completes the individualized plan of care provided to patients.
• Administers medication and performs treatments to assigned patients.
• Participates in economical utilization of supplies and ensure that equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
• Participates in orientation of new personnel.
• Assists team members, including physicians, in giving care to patients, or administers direct care when professional nursing skills and judgment are needed.
• Establishes and maintains professional communications; initiates teaching opportunities with patients and other significant individuals.
• Participates in the maintenance of a clean and safe environment.
• Assumes charge responsibilities as required.
• Restocks supplies at the end of each day.
• Assures patient confidentiality at all times.
• Exhibits flexibility in areas of assignment.
• Performs other functions as requested by the Nurse Manager.
Quantity of Work:
• Performs job duties competently and in a timely manner.
• Adjusts work assignments and personal schedule according to patient load and staffing needs.
Knowledge of Job:
• Attends all mandatory in-services.
• Maintains current knowledge and skill in the practice of nursing including CPR, ACLS, and PALS training.
• Maintains current knowledge of and skills in department policies and procedures and implements appropriately.
• Thorough knowledge and skills necessary to provide nursing care to patients of all ages and levels of growth and development.
Judgment and Decision Making:
• Uses problem solving techniques in resolution of patient care issues.
• Directs, supervises and evaluates performance of staff members and environmental conditions.
• Acts as patient advocate.
• Participates in the evaluation of new products, procedures and equipment, etc.
Relationship with others:
• Communicates and performs at a professional level.
• Performs effectively and courteously under stress. Maintains a courteous and helping relationship with visitors, patients, physicians and co-workers.
• Participates in staff meetings to improve nursing care.
Planning and time utilization:
• Utilizes time appropriately and efficiently.
• Sets priorities in planning and delivering patient care.
• Initiates patient care. Presents a positive, mature and willingness to perform job functions.
• Initiates activities for professional growth and improvement.
Attendance and Reliability:
• Reports to and begins work promptly; is rarely absent and follows appropriate procedure for notification of missed work time.
• Observes, and reports deviation from, procedures to assure compliance with safety and infection control policies and accurate patient identification.
Other Behavioral Factors:
• Accepts responsibility for performance of job functions.
• Observes rules pertaining to conduct and appearance at work.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. The staff
nurse may be required to perform other job related functions as requested by the Nurse Manager.
Education and Formal Training:
• Completion of an educational program from NLN accredited school of nursing, current licensure with the Tennessee State Board of Nursing and current certification in CPR, ACLS, and PALS.
• Prefer current experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of endoscopic and operative nursing principles, methods and techniques. Skill in performing nursing procedures. Considerable ability to deal tactfully with patients, visitors, physicians and co-worker. Ability to motivate and manage people.
Ability to maintain composure under stressful conditions. Thorough knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care appropriate to any age level and any level of growth and development.
||Send This Job to a Friend