||Help Desk Support Specialist
A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international education and exchange. For 70 years CIEE has helped thousands of people gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally
diverse world by offering the most comprehensive, relevant, and valuable exchange programs available. Serving over 300 U.S. College and University consortium members, CIEE operates sixty study centers in over forty countries that support study abroad programs
for over 6,000 students annually. In addition, as the largest sponsor for U.S. Department of State J-1 Visa programs, CIEE helps nearly 25,000 international students participate in U.S. based exchange programs annually. CIEE programs and services span study
abroad, teach abroad, international faculty development seminars, and inbound exchange study, work, and internship programs for today’s high school and university students, professionals, and educators.
Summary of Position:
Under direct supervision, this position provides support to end-users for PC, server applications, and hardware. Will interact with network services, software systems engineering, and applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct
core problems. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. Refers more complex problems to intermediate senior level. This position is staffed by technical personnel who
have had sufficient educational background and experience. Typically has a Bachelor’s Degree with less than 5 years of experience.
- Primary responsibility will be to provide direct end-user support to resolve problems and questions as quickly as possible while providing the highest level of customer service.
- Provide accurate, timely and creative solutions to staff computer hardware, operating systems, software applications, networking and video-conferencing problems.
- Maintain computers, printers, phones, and other equipment as necessary
- Diagnose and resolve both hardware and software issues.
- Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly and professional manner.
- Image, customize and deploy new desktop and laptop machines to both in-house and field staff.
- Manage Active Directory User Accounts and Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.
- Preparing computers and equipment for travel.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to assess and scope potential new projects.
- Collaborate with members of Tech Solutions Team and all business units as a participant on multi-disciplinary, cross-functional project teams.
- 24/7 on-call support as needed
- Nights or weekend work as required
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Any relevant technical certifications are a plus
- 3+ years’ experience in a tech support role
- Experience in performing PC setups, troubleshooting hardware and software problems and designing configurations for desktop computer systems in a corporate network environment.
- Positive attitude with a desire to work for a company that is fun, flexible, respectful, and honest.
- General hands-on knowledge of end user software applications, such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Windows 7, 10, and MacOS Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of network technologies, relevant software, hardware and other equipment.
- High level of organization, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and think creatively.
- Focus on usability and quality, while always keeping the end-user in mind.
- Quick, independent learner with the ability to recognize and overcome obstacles.
- Passion for learning new technologies of all types.
- Experience working on collaborative teams that create high-quality, on-time solutions.
- Physical Demands:
- Lifting: 0-25 lbs
- Frequency of lifting: infrequent
- Additional Physical Demands
- Ability to speak and listen on a telephone
- Ability to type, and view a computer screen
- Visual, Hearing, Dexterity & Mental Demands
- Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job such as using a telephone, answering emails, filing paperwork, viewing a computer screen, and operating office equipment.
Due to federal regulations, a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.
- CIEE strives to lead a robust community of international program providers and sponsors through innovation, exemplary service, and exceptional efficiency. Our success depends on having the very best professionals. We are committed to recruiting and retaining
the best people in the industry, particularly those who are passionate about international education, are self-starters with high levels of energy and autonomy, and are dedicated to exceed expectations in every challenge. We foster excellence through tapping
the skills of a diverse workforce and promoting a dynamic environment where talented individuals of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds work together to advance our mission. CIEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications by ethnically diverse
and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged.
||Send This Job to a Friend