A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international education and exchange. For 70 years CIEE has been committed to bringing the world together through meaningful international exchange programs to help humanize international
relations – all students, all nations. Driven by this purpose, CIEE has helped thousands of people gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world by offering the most comprehensive, relevant,
and valuable exchange programs available. Serving over 400 U.S. College and University consortium members, CIEE operates sixty-five study centers in forty-five countries that support study abroad programs for over 10,000 students annually. In addition, as
the largest sponsor for U.S. Department of State J-1 Visa programs, CIEE helps nearly 30,000 international students participate in U.S. based exchange programs annually. CIEE programs and services span study abroad, teach abroad, international faculty development
seminars, and inbound exchange study, work, and internship programs for today’s high school and university students, professionals, and educators.
CIEE strives to lead a robust community of international program providers and sponsors through innovation, exemplary service, and exceptional efficiency. Our success depends on having the very best professionals. We are committed to recruiting and retaining
the best people in the industry, particularly those who are passionate about international education, are self-starters with high levels of energy and autonomy, and are dedicated to exceed expectations in every challenge. We foster excellence through tapping
the skills of a diverse workforce and promoting a dynamic environment where talented individuals of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds work together to advance our mission.
Summary of Position:
The Admissions Coordinator (AC) will support the Institutional Relations and Enrollment Team by serving as the first level contact for leads and prospective applicants on university study abroad programs. Successful candidates will be responsible for serving
as an expert for institutions within pre-determined territories by advising students through the CIEE application process. Coordinators work among a team of other ACs and are focused on providing outstanding service to prospective students.
The AC qualifies leads within respective territory and advises prospective students regarding CIEE study abroad programs as well as CIEE scholarship and grant opportunities.
- Serve as an expert for institutions in respective territory by qualifying leads and advising applicants in order to drive additional sales opportunities through cold calling and lead generation/nurture campaigns
- Manage large volume of outbound calls determined by management as well as manage incoming phone calls in a timely manner
- Follow up with prospective students to determine level of commitment
- Execute strategies to inform students about CIEE programs at all phases of the inquiry and application process
- Meet personal and team qualitative and quantitative targets (i.e., completed applications and conversion of those applications) set by management
- Attend mandatory training sessions to stay updated on product or company policy changes
- Upsell/cross-sell of products and services when opportunity arises (i.e., internships)
- Continuously juggle and prioritize tasks and work efficiently under pressure
- Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude in approaching challenging conversations and / or situations with prospective students
- Document call information and input data in to company CRM to keep each customer record updated
- Other duties as assigned
- Converting leads to completed applicants
- Implementing strategies to turn student inquiries into completed applications, and to increase student retention during the recruitment process
- Upholding the highest level of student-centered customer service in any situation
- Accuracy of data and other participant details
- Representing CIEE with integrity, accuracy, and in the spirit of its mission