A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international education and exchange. For 70 years CIEE has been committed to bringing the world together through meaningful international exchange programs to help humanize international
relations – all students, all nations. Driven by this purpose, CIEE has helped thousands of people gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world by offering the most comprehensive, relevant,
and valuable exchange programs available. Serving over 400 U.S. College and University consortium members, CIEE operates sixty-five study centers in forty-five countries that support study abroad programs for over 10,000 students annually. In addition, as
the largest sponsor for U.S. Department of State J-1 Visa programs, CIEE helps nearly 30,000 international students participate in U.S. based exchange programs annually. CIEE programs and services span study abroad, teach abroad, international faculty development
seminars, and inbound exchange study, work, and internship programs for today’s high school and university students, professionals, and educators.
We strive to lead a robust community of international program providers and sponsors through innovation, exemplary service, and exceptional efficiency. Our success depends on having the very best professionals. CIEE is committed to recruiting and retaining
the best people in the industry, particularly those who are passionate about international education, are self-starters with high levels of energy and autonomy, and are dedicated to exceed expectations in every challenge.
Summary of Position:
30 – 40 hours per week, requires a six to 12 month commitment
The Communications Intern is responsible for assisting with internal and external communications activities, including, but not limited to, developing copy and content for press releases, writing articles and features for newsletters and third party review
sites, editing and proofing projects, as well as corporate social media posting. The Communications Intern will work with the President’s office, marketing managers across CIEE business lines, senior leadership across the organization, along with freelance
writers/designers as projects dictate.
- Participate in the planning and development of content and materials in accordance with corporate communications calendar
- Prioritize/manage multiple writing assignments
- Develop social media content and posting calendar to increase social media engagement
- Produce and post content to all corporate social media channels (i.e., Facebook, Twitter…)
- Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly Newsletter
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Effective and professional communication, both written and oral
- Enrolled in university or a recent college graduate
- Interest in journalism, marketing, or social media required
- Flexibility and interest in a dynamic, team-oriented working environment required
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook essential
- Experience with social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Experience abroad is strongly preferred
- Physical Demands:
- Lifting: 0-25 lbs
- Frequency of lifting: infrequent
- Typical business day: 9am-5pm
- Additional Physical Demands
- Ability to speak and listen on a telephone
- Ability to type, and view a computer screen
- Ability to bend and sort paperwork in a filing cabinet.
- Visual, Hearing, Dexterity & Mental Demands
- Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job such as using a telephone, answering emails, filing paperwork, viewing a computer screen, and operating office equipment.
Due to federal regulations a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.
CIEE seeks excellence through diversity among its staff and program participants. CIEE prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status,
or marital status. Applications by underrepresented groups are encouraged.
- CIEE strives to lead a robust community of international program providers and sponsors through innovation, exemplary service, and exceptional efficiency. Our success depends on having the very best professionals. We are committed to recruiting and retaining
the best people in the industry, particularly those who are passionate about international education, are self-starters with high levels of energy and autonomy, and are dedicated to exceed expectations in every challenge. We foster excellence through tapping
the skills of a diverse workforce and promoting a dynamic environment where talented individuals of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds work together to advance our mission. CIEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications by ethnically diverse
and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged.
||Send This Job to a Friend