||Customer Service Supervisor (Afternoon/Evening Shift)
||Position: Customer Service Supervisor (Late Shift)
Reports to: Manager, Customer Service
Department: Customer Service Center
Location: Portland, Maine
A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international education and exchange. For 70 years, CIEE has helped thousands of people gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally
diverse world by offering the most comprehensive, relevant, and valuable exchange programs available. Serving over 300 U.S. College and University consortium members, CIEE operates sixty study centers in over forty countries that support study abroad programs
for over 8,000 students annually. In addition, as the largest sponsor for U.S. Department of State J-1 Visa programs, CIEE helps nearly 25,000 international students participate in U.S. based exchange programs annually. CIEE programs and services span study
abroad, teach abroad, international faculty development seminars, and inbound exchange study, work, and internship programs for today’s high school and university students, professionals, and educators.
We strive to lead a robust community of international program providers and sponsors through innovation, exemplary service and exceptional efficiency. Our success depends on having the very best professionals. CIEE is committed to recruiting and retaining the
best people in the industry, particularly those who are passionate about international education, are self-starters with high levels of energy and autonomy, and are dedicated to exceed expectations in every challenge
Summary of Position:
Join the dynamic CIEE Customer Service team! In this role, you will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Customer Service Team ensuring they meet the quality and response standards for the department. You will also be the first point of contact for staff
that need assistance with customer inquiries or cases. You will provide guidance, cultural mediation, advice and a cultural perspective regarding participant issues on all CIEE programs.
• Monitor work, phone, email, and chat queues and make adjustments to staff resources as needed to maintain service level standards
• Manage between 4-15 full time coordinators, seasonal and temporary staff.
• Motivate and encourage staff through positive communication and feedback.
• Foster a team environment that empowers staff to find and develop solutions to customer issues and actively support them through this process.
• With the Participant Services Management actively train and mentor seasonal teams that support the Work Exchange Programs.
• Meet regularly with the Customer Service Manager and Director of Support to discuss workloads, staffing, trends, and escalated issues.
• Collaborate with teams across the organization to solve customer problems and ensure adherence to standard work processes, compliance rules and regulations.
• Maintain an escalated caseload, provide back up to staff as needed, and manage your individual incidents in a timely and effective manner.
• Solve participant problems that involve multiple stakeholders and departments at CIEE using mediation techniques,
• Assist with reporting, training, department communication, and work delegation.
• Help maintain manuals, resources, and templates for all programs the department supports.
• Develop an expertise of all CIEE’s International Study, Work Exchange, Camp USA, and High School programs as well as CIEE Insurance Plans
• Manage the Escalated Emergency line on a rotating basis for staff assigned to the 24 Hour Emergency Cell Phone
• Ability to travel into the field to support participants, families, employers, or related parties during emergency situations
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 1-3 years of staff management or leadership experience required, preferably in a call center environment
• Must be flexible, possess a positive attitude, be able to work independently and take initiative.
• Strong interpersonal skills - a team player and self-starter who is able to exercise sound judgment to handle a variety issues across multiple teams
• Excellent written communication and organizational skills with an attention to detail required.
• Ability to plan for and manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously within tight deadlines
• Confident using MS Word, Excel, Salesforce, Share Point, and web based applications.
• Organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Travel or experience in an International Setting is required; living/studying abroad experience preferred.
• Second language fluency and/or public speaking skills is strongly desired.
• Must have a valid US Passport and US driver’s license.
Strong customer service skills
• Physical Demands:
Lifting 0-25 lbs.
Frequency of lifting: infrequent
Core hours: 12pm-8pm
• Additional Physical Demands
Ability to speak and listen on a telephone
Ability to type, and view a computer screen
Ability to bend and sort paperwork in a filing cabinet.
• Visual, Hearing, Dexterity & Mental Demands
Due to federal regulations a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.
Interested candidates please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put “Customer Service Supervisor Late Shift” in the subject line. We will contact those candidates we would like to meet with to further discuss this exciting opportunity.
No phone call
||Please ensure you attach a customized cover letter specific to this position and a current resume to your profile. You can save them as one Word document or PDF.
If you have applied through our automated system in the past, please be sure to Edit Your Profile and click on the Attachments link to upload a customized cover letter specifically for the position for which you are applying, in addition to a current resume.
- CIEE strives to lead a robust community of international program providers and sponsors through innovation, exemplary service, and exceptional efficiency. Our success depends on having the very best professionals. We are committed to recruiting and retaining
the best people in the industry, particularly those who are passionate about international education, are self-starters with high levels of energy and autonomy, and are dedicated to exceed expectations in every challenge. We foster excellence through tapping
the skills of a diverse workforce and promoting a dynamic environment where talented individuals of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds work together to advance our mission. CIEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications by ethnically diverse
and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged.
||Send This Job to a Friend