||A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international education and exchange. For 70 years CIEE has been committed to bringing the world together through meaningful international exchange programs to help humanize international
relations – all students, all nations. Driven by this purpose, CIEE has helped thousands of people gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world by offering the most comprehensive, relevant,
and valuable exchange programs available. Serving over 400 U.S. College and University consortium members, CIEE operates sixty-five study centers in forty-five countries that support study abroad programs for over 10,000 students annually. In addition, as
the largest sponsor for U.S. Department of State J-1 Visa programs, CIEE helps nearly 30,000 international students participate in U.S. based exchange programs annually. CIEE programs and services span study abroad, teach abroad, international faculty development
seminars, and inbound exchange study, work, and internship programs for today’s high school and university students, professionals, and educators.
CIEE strives to lead a robust community of international program providers and sponsors through innovation, exemplary service, and exceptional efficiency. Our success depends on having the very best professionals. We are committed to recruiting and retaining
the best people in the industry, particularly those who are passionate about international education, are self-starters with high levels of energy and autonomy, and are dedicated to exceed expectations in every challenge. We foster excellence through tapping
the skills of a diverse workforce and promoting a dynamic environment where talented individuals of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds work together to advance our mission.
In this role you will provide assistance and support for all CIEE’s J-1 exchange programs as well as CIEE’s International Study programs. In addition, you will be responsible for the support and administration for specific programs based on your language skills
and the needs of CIEE participants.
• Advise students on how to solve problems or concerns around employment, assists them in understanding the cultural nuances of living and working in the United States.
• Maintain cases and manage your individual incidents in a timely and effective manner.
• Maintain regular contact with all High School program participants to support their successful completion of the USA High School program.
• Be a resource for all CIEE Customer Service Representatives, Client Services Staff and Employer Services Staff.
• Be a flexible team member to provide support to the Customer Service Representatives during peak times.
• Manage and research, as needed, in developing materials or editing materials for the programs. Ensure that website content is accurate and work with the communications team with any updates.
• Counsel program participants with culture shock as well as and other emotional, mental, and health disorders. Monitor participants that are at-risk.
• Responsible for handling the 24-hour Emergency Cell Phone on a rotating weekly basis approximately 4-6 times a year.
• Present and train High School students attending Home Country Orientations prior to arrival to the United States.
• Update the Department of State contact regarding any ongoing serious cases involving Trainee and Work and Travel participants.
• Work with and guide field staff for the High School program in the USA.
• Be a point of contact for international High School partner agents. Communicate individual student’s progress throughout the year long exchange program.
• Travel to various places in the US and abroad. Willingness to travel to unconventional locations in the US and internationally.
• Answer phone calls and e-mail inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
• Develop an expertise of all CIEE exchange programs and the policies that support them.
• Work with different CIEE teams to solve a variety of customer questions and problems.
• Other duties as assigned.
||• Bachelor’s degree required
• 2 years customer service and professional experience required
• Some experience in counseling setting is a plus.
• Experience working with youth, especially of high school age preferred.
• Fluency in a second language (Spanish, Korean, Thai, Chinese, or Portugese) is strongly desired.
• Study or teaching abroad experience required.
• Team player with the ability to work effectively across program teams.
• Experience in a global and fast-paced work environment.
• Excellent organization, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be flexible, possess a positive attitude, and be able to work independently and take initiative.
• Must be able to reliably work Monday-Friday 12 pm – 8 pm, with flexibility for longer hours as necessary.
• Physical Demands:
Lifting: 0-25 lbs
Frequency of lifting: infrequent
Typical business day: 9am-5pm
• Additional Physical Demands
Ability to speak and listen on a telephone
Ability to type, and view a computer screen
Ability to bend and sort paperwork in a filing cabinet.
• Visual, Hearing, Dexterity & Mental Demands
Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job such as using a telephone, answering emails, filing paperwork, viewing a computer screen, and operating office equipment.
||Please ensure you attach BOTH a customized cover letter specific to this position and a current resume to your profile.
If you have applied through our automated system in the past, please be sure to Edit Your Profile and click on the Attachments link to upload a customized cover letter specifically for the position for which you are applying, in addition to a current resume.
||Send This Job to a Friend