||Product Release Manager
A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international education and exchange. For 70 years CIEE has been committed to bringing the world together through meaningful international exchange programs to help humanize international
relations – all students, all nations. Driven by this purpose, CIEE has helped thousands of people gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world by offering the most comprehensive, relevant,
and valuable exchange programs available. Serving over 400 U.S. College and University consortium members, CIEE operates sixty-five study centers in forty-five countries that support study abroad programs for over 10,000 students annually. In addition, as
the largest sponsor for U.S. Department of State J-1 Visa programs, CIEE helps nearly 30,000 international students participate in U.S. based exchange programs annually. CIEE programs and services span study abroad, teach abroad, international faculty development
seminars, and inbound exchange study, work, and internship programs for today’s high school and university students, professionals, and educators.
Summary of Position
CIEE is looking for the best and brightest to join our IT Product Innovation & Assurance team. The Release Manager will be responsible for managing the process of releases through the build, test and production environments. This role will develop and
ensure a release structure that allows the organization to scale efficiently. In addition, this position will manage the Product Assurance team which includes both full time and contractor staff who are responsible for software testing. The Release Manager
will work in collaboration with development managers, product team, IT Operations and the PMO on enterprise projects in addition to production support.
- Develop a release governance strategy for continuous deployment to support scalability goals as CIEE transitions to Azure.
- Manage a team of Q/A analysts.
- Engage with project teams in early phases of the development life cycle to ensure alignment with the overall release standards and schedules.
- Establish and manage release management processes to support a Lean Agile software delivery methodology.
- Forecast demand for release resources and identify opportunities for greater efficiency across the enterprise.
- Conduct release readiness reviews
- Works with software team to support Dev Ops activities focused on updating and maintaining test automation tools.
- Maintain Q/A processes and procedures.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect scope, schedule and quality.
- Facilitate cross-department coordination of release management functions.
- Manage release calendar and provide reporting to IT Management and cross-functional teams.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience required
- Experience delivering application and infrastructure projects, programs or releases into complex production environments.
- Deep understanding of version control systems, including branching and merging strategies.
- Must be able to work in a transforming, fast-paced, complex, high visibility environment with multiple competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead teams in a collaborative environment.
- 4 to 6 years of expertise and leadership in Release Management.
- Experience with automation tools.
- Comfortable working with remote teams.
- Superior interpersonal skills and a track record of building relationships and collaborating with others in cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbally and as a presenter
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability and intellectual curiosity
- Physical Demands:
- Lifting: 0-25 lbs
- Frequency of lifting: infrequent
- Typical business day: 9am-5pm
- Additional Physical Demands
- Ability to speak and listen on a telephone
- Ability to type, and view a computer screen
- Ability to bend and sort paperwork in a filing cabinet.
- Visual, Hearing, Dexterity & Mental Demands
- Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job such as using a telephone, answering emails, filing paperwork, viewing a computer screen, and operating office equipment.
Due to federal regulations a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.
- CIEE strives to lead a robust community of international program providers and sponsors through innovation, exemplary service, and exceptional efficiency. Our success depends on having the very best professionals. We are committed to recruiting and retaining
the best people in the industry, particularly those who are passionate about international education, are self-starters with high levels of energy and autonomy, and are dedicated to exceed expectations in every challenge. We foster excellence through tapping
the skills of a diverse workforce and promoting a dynamic environment where talented individuals of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds work together to advance our mission. CIEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications by ethnically diverse
and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged.
||Send This Job to a Friend