Position: Enrollment Specialist
Department: F-1 High School Study USA Programs
Reports To: Enrollment Manager, F-1 High School USA Program
Location: CIEE Offices Boston, Massachusetts
A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international education and exchange. For 70 years CIEE has helped thousands of people gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally
diverse world by offering the most comprehensive, relevant, and valuable exchange programs available. Serving over 300 U.S. College and University consortium members, CIEE operates sixty study centers in over forty countries that support study abroad programs
for over 8,000 students annually. In addition, as the largest sponsor for U.S. Department of State J-1 Visa programs, CIEE helps nearly 25,000 international students participate in U.S. based exchange programs annually. CIEE programs and services span study
abroad, teach abroad, international faculty development seminars, and inbound exchange study, work, and internship programs for today’s high school and university students, professionals, and educators.
We strive to lead a robust community of international program providers and sponsors through innovation, exemplary service and exceptional efficiency. Our success depends on having the very best professionals. CIEE is committed to recruiting and retaining
the best people in the industry, particularly those who are passionate about international education, are self-starters with high levels of energy and autonomy, and are dedicated to exceed expectations in every challenge
Summary of Position:
The Enrollment Specialist will be responsible for ensuring students applying to F-1 High School programs are eligible for program admission and for seeing each student through to successful enrollment within our catalogue of US partner high schools. In addition
to application review and school enrollments, the Enrollment Specialist will coordinate student orientations and arrivals, process payments and visa documents, manage school and student data, and complete other tasks as assigned. This position will work closely
with the international sales and placement teams in order to streamline the enrollment process and provide superior service across all audiences. Successful candidates for this position should have excellent organizational and time management skills, a proactive
and positive attitude, excellent verbal/written communication skills, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Receive and review student applications and ensure each student meets school acceptance requirements
- Recommend and match students with schools based on application information and school admissions requests
- Successfully meet target for student enrollments within designated territory
- Collect and manage data on partner schools to provide expert school recommendations
- Manage documentation required for school admission and student visa issuance
- Process and track incoming and outgoing payments to ensure timely reconciliation
- Plan and execute routine school visits and annual school tours to develop relationships with school administrators, remote CIEE staff, and overseas representatives.
- Support the planning and execution of student orientations and arrivals in US
- Support compliance requirements by carefully maintaining all student records
- Support sales and marketing in school marketing efforts
- Complete other duties as required by management
- Please note that this position will at times require work outside of normal 9AM to 5PM Monday to Friday business hours. Further, this position has potential for domestic and international travel to visit schools and attend conferences.
- Participate in night and weekend coverage support during arrival season; additional “back-up” on-call support to manager or other teams as requested
- Handle the 24-hour CIEE emergency cell phone on a rotating weekly basis approximately 1-2 times a year