A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international education and exchange. For 70 years CIEE has been committed to bringing the world together through meaningful international exchange programs to help humanize international
relations – all students, all nations. Driven by this purpose, CIEE has helped thousands of people gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world by offering the most comprehensive, relevant,
and valuable exchange programs available. Serving over 400 U.S. College and University consortium members, CIEE operates sixty-five study centers in forty-five countries that support study abroad programs for over 10,000 students annually. In addition, as
the largest sponsor for U.S. Department of State J-1 Visa programs, CIEE helps nearly 30,000 international students participate in U.S. based exchange programs annually. CIEE programs and services span study abroad, teach abroad, international faculty development
seminars, and inbound exchange study, work, and internship programs for today’s high school and university students, professionals, and educators.
CIEE strives to lead a robust community of international program providers and sponsors through innovation, exemplary service, and exceptional efficiency. Our success depends on having the very best professionals. We are committed to recruiting and retaining
the best people in the industry, particularly those who are passionate about international education, are self-starters with high levels of energy and autonomy, and are dedicated to exceed expectations in every challenge. We foster excellence through tapping
the skills of a diverse workforce and promoting a dynamic environment where talented individuals of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds work together to advance our mission.
Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for providing accounting support, primarily in the areas of accounts receivable and receivables collections, as part of a larger Finance team that supports all CIEE business activities, both foreign and domestic. The ideal candidate
has excellent organization skills, strong communication skills, the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and prioritize to meet deadlines, and works well with limited supervision in a cohesive team environment.
- Post cash receipts from multiple revenue streams
- Correspond with program participants and parents to expedite collection of outstanding receivables
- Work with outside collection agency to collect on aged outstanding receivables
- Invoice program fees in multiple currencies
- Prepare general ledger entries, reconcile accounts and maintain records and files.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports and verifying information
- Assist with month-end close, review and posting of adjusting entries
- Other duties as assigned