||Customer Service Coordinator
||Join the dynamic CIEE Customer Service Center team! In this role you will provide customer service for J-1 exchange programs that include but are not limited to: Work & Travel USA, Internship and Professional Career Training USA, USA High School, and the
Irish Intern Work Program. In addition to this you will also support CIEE’s International Study Programs for American college students who are interested in our 150 programs located in 41 different countries around the world!
• Answer all phone calls and e-mail inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
• Use LivePerson chat to communicate with customers interested in our Study Abroad programs
• Develop an expertise of CIEE’s International Study Programs and how they are administered
• Develop an expertise of CIEE’s J-1 Work Exchange programs and the policies that support them
• Develop an expertise of the CIEE Participant Insurance Plan for J-1 participants in the United States
• Develop an expertise of the tools used to support the International Study and Work Exchange Programs
• Manage Work Exchange program related case work on a daily basis
• Work with different teams within the organization to solve a variety of customer questions and problems
• Assist with customer service projects as they become available and time allows
• Help maintain manuals and resources for the International Study and J-1 Exchange Programs
• Carry 24 Hour Emergency Cell Phone on a rotating basis for the J-1 Exchange programs
• Provide temporary front desk coverage during lunch hour when / if needed
• Willingness to assist other teams within Particpant Sericces with various projects
• Other duties as assigned
||• Bachelor of Science or Arts required
• Previous customer service experience required, call center experience strongly preferred.
• Second language skills a plus.
• Public speaking skills a plus.
• Interest in developing supervisory skills by helping to train the Work & Travel students that work in the Customer Service Center during each of three Work & Travel USA seasons.
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong MS Windows computer skills including confidence using MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Must be flexible, possess a positive attitude, and be able to work independently and take initiative.
• Must have a valid US Passport and US driver’s license.
• Physical Demands:
Lifting: 0-25 lbs
Frequency of lifting: infrequent
Typical business day: M-F 12:00 PM-8PM
• Additional Physical Demands
Ability to speak and listen on a telephone
Ability to type, and view a computer screen
Ability to bend and sort paperwork in a filing cabinet.
• Visual, Hearing, Dexterity & Mental Demands
Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job such as using a telephone, answering emails, filing paperwork, viewing a computer screen, and operating office equipment.
||Please ensure you attach BOTH a customized cover letter specific to this position and a current resume to your profile.
If you have applied through our automated system in the past, please be sure to Edit Your Profile and click on the Attachments link to upload a customized cover letter specifically for the position for which you are applying, in addition to a current resume.
||Send This Job to a Friend