||Financial Consultant Investments
||GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The role of the investment consultant is to establish value-added relationships with customers, to understand their financial needs and to offer solutions for those needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prospecting within the financial institution by establishing relationships with other client facing associates in order to generate referrals. This duty is performed weekly, about 20% of the time.
2. Prospect outside the financial institution in order to build external referral sources as well as bringing new clients to the bank. This duty is performed weekly, about 15% of the time.
3. Sell effectively by establishing relationships with customers, determining their needs and offering appropriate solutions in a manner that the customer sees the value, as well as understands the features and benefits of the products offered. This duty is
performed daily, about 35% of the time.
4. Engage in customer relationship management activities to increase wallet share per client and seek cross referral opportunities to other associates within the bank. This duty is performed weekly, about 20% of the time.
5. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed as needed, about 10% of the time.
6. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
||EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 2 years related experience and/or training, and 19 to 23 months related management experience, or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
NASD Series 7- currently maintain or must pass within 90 days
NASD Series 66- currently maintain or must pass within 90 days
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Financial Planner, Certified Financial Analyst or other high level certifications in the investment field.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Advanced: Contact Management, Database, Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet
Intermediate: Word Processing/Typing
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include but not limited to interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance,
rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions. Continuously exposed to one or two elements such as noise, intermittent standing, walking; and occasional pushing, carrying, or lifting.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions and expectations.
Moderate diversity, low physical. Work activities which allow for a moderate amount of diversity in the performance of tasks which are not as varied as those positions with high-level diversity and decision-making.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; and occasionally required to taste or smell. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Must satisfy background check that includes satisfactory NASD record.
The candidate for this role must have the following interpersonal traits:
Character: Must display traits such as honesty, strong work ethic and be team-oriented
Competence: Must have the relevant product knowledge and required skills to execute the business model outlined above.
- If you need an accommodation or assistance applying for employment, contact Centennial Bank at 501-328-4732. We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodations that may be necessary.
- Home BancShares, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or marital status, gender identity
or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- View Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- Home BancShares, Inc. is a participant of E-Verify. View the
Notice of E-Verify Participation and
Right to Work provided by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is in response to a formal complaint or charge, in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
||Send This Job to a Friend