||Benefits Specialist II
||GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Performs complex clerical duties following established procedures in the following areas: group life and health insurance, payroll reconciliation, benefit plans, FMLA, ADA, Worker's Compensation, OSHA, PPACA, ERISA, and record maintenance. Encompasses all benefits
for both salaried and hourly employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Enrolls new hires in benefits. This duty is performed daily.
2. Terminates benefits for terminating employees. This duty is performed daily.
3. Maintains benefit and HRIS systems. This duty is performed daily.
4. Computes and Reconciles payroll deductions. This duty is performed weekly.
5. Processes various insurance bills for payment. This duty is performed monthly.
6. Frequent contact, and a working knowledge of the benefits, policies, and procedures. This duty is performed daily.
7. Processes Workers Compensation claims and maintains files. This duty is performed as needed.
8. Records, files, and follows up on return of completed forms. This duty is performed daily.
9. Monitors employee usage of time off programs for compliance. This duty is performed monthly.
10. Processes regulatory benefit documents such as FMLA, COBRA, etc. This duty is performed daily.
11. Assist employees and public with personnel information and interpretation of personnel policies and procedures. This duty is performed daily.
12. Assist in cafeteria reconciliation. This duty is performed as needed.
13. Build, run, and distribute HRIS reports. This duty is performed daily.
14. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually.
15. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
16. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
||EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 2 years related experience and/or training, and 3 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHR Certification or SPHR Certification
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Advanced: Alphanumeric Data Entry, Human Resources Systems, Payroll Systems
Intermediate: 10-Key, Database, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Basic: Accounting, Contact Management, Presentation/PowerPoint
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions. Continuously exposed to one or two elements such as noise, intermittent standing, walking; and occasional pushing, carrying, or lifting.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions and expectations.
Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk or hear; regularly required to sit; occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
1. Bachelor's degree plus additional courses or seminars related to benefits administration and/or processing, preferred
2. Two (2) to four (4) years in benefits or related benefits administration
3. Good knowledge of company and departmental policies and procedures.
4. Occasional travel may be required.
- If you need an accommodation or assistance applying for employment, contact Centennial Bank at 501-328-4732. We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodations that may be necessary.
- Home BancShares, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or marital status, gender identity
or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- View Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- Home BancShares, Inc. is a participant of E-Verify. View the
Notice of E-Verify Participation and
Right to Work provided by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is in response to a formal complaint or charge, in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
||Send This Job to a Friend