||Business Development Officer II
||GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Generate customer account relationships from referrals and personal solicitations. Attend civic events, including but not limited to Chamber of commerce ribbon cuttings, banquets, and annual meetings. Develops network and grow business relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Makes 15 weekly retention and business development outside calls on potential customers to solicit their banking business.
2. Develops prospects from current commercial customers, referrals, and other sources; for lenders, merchant services, and Centennial Insurance Agency.
3. Contacts prospective customers to present information on available services.
4. Attends sales and trade meetings to develop new business prospects.
5. Represents bank at various civic, charitable, educational, and social affairs in order to develop and expand base of contacts.
6. May make presentations on financial services to groups to attract new business.
7. Plan and implements customer call program to develop account relationships; may train others in business solicitation.
8. Documents calls through CRM (connections) and makes weekly call reports to supervisor.
9. Recommends upgrades, elimination or future development or introduction of new products and services when necessary.
10. Maintains and strengthen relationships with existing customers.
11. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned.
12. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
||EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 4 years related experience and/or training, and 2 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and understand general business/company related articles and professional journals; Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: Accounting, Contact Management, Database, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Basic: Alphanumeric Data Entry, Presentation/PowerPoint
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include but not limited to interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance,
rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions. Continuously exposed to one or two elements such as noise, intermittent standing, walking; and occasional pushing, carrying, or lifting.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat; and occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions and expectations.
Moderate diversity, low physical. Work activities which allow for a moderate amount of diversity in the performance of tasks which are not as varied as those positions with high-level diversity and decision-making.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear; and occasionally required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl,
taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Must have strong sales skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
Excellent knowledge of the banks products and services.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- If you need an accommodation or assistance applying for employment, contact Centennial Bank at 501-328-4732. We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodations that may be necessary.
- Home BancShares, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or marital status, gender identity
or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- View Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- Home BancShares, Inc. is a participant of E-Verify. View the
Notice of E-Verify Participation and
Right to Work provided by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is in response to a formal complaint or charge, in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
||Send This Job to a Friend