||Commercial Loan Officer I
||GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for extending credit within the policies and guidelines set forth in the loan policy. Responsible for ensuring that all loan decisions, actions and recommendations are based on an accurate and thorough understanding of each customer's financial
needs and conditions and comply with all laws, regulations and bank policy. Must properly administer the credit worthiness and documentation of all loans and/or borrowing relationships originated or assigned to the officer. Further, it is the officer's responsibility
to maintain current credit files and proper note and collateral security documents.
In addition, each officer shall be responsible for:
A. Assigning the proper credit rating to loans as defined in this policy at origination and as conditions may change with the normal credit monitoring process. It is expected that officers should be the first to recognize and report deterioration in the credit
quality of a loan or borrowing relationship. Early identification of problem loans is extremely important to minimizing losses.
B. Recommending approval and administer workout programs for problem loans.
C. Recommending approval and monitor levels of reserves established for loans serviced by the officer.
D. Administering the collection process either internally or with bank counsel complying with all laws and regulations.
E. Protecting depositors' funds and stockholders' equity.
F. Generating earnings for the bank and its stockholders.
G. Promoting and maintain a favorable image for the bank.
H. Interviewing loan applicants and makes credit decisions.
I. Responsible for developing new business and managing existing portfolio.
J. Responsible for collecting past due loans, keeping credit and collateral exceptions within policy ranges.
K. Manages a portfolio of loans and may coordinate collection efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Interviews commercial loan applicants. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
2. Examines and evaluates applicants credit and financial history. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
3. Examines/Views collateral (if applicable) to determine adequacy. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
4. Authorizes or recommends approval/denial of applicant. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
5. Approves loan within specified limits or refers to appropriate approval level. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
6. Prepares loan offering memorandum. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
7. Ensures all loan documents are complete, accurate and in accordance with policy. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
8. Closes/Declines loans in a timely manner. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
9. Monitors loan portfolio/performance. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
10. Corresponds with customers. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
11. Recommends changes in risk rating. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
12. Collects past due loan payments. This duty is performed weekly, about 5% of the time.
13. Develops potential loan markets and loan prospects. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
14. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually, about 5% of the time.
15. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
||EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, and 19 to 23 months related management experience, or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane, algebra, solid geometry and trigonometry.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include but not limited to interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance,
rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions. Continuously exposed to one or two elements such as noise, intermittent standing, walking; and occasional pushing, carrying, or lifting.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions and expectations.
Moderate diversity, low physical. Work activities which allow for a moderate amount of diversity in the performance of tasks which are not as varied as those positions with high-level diversity and decision-making.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and occasionally required to stand, walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to
College degree in general business, finance, economics or accounting.
Five (5) years lending experience.
Five (5) years experience with banking, investment, or economic analysis.
Two (2) years experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
Must have general computer skills.
The ability to communicate using oral and written skills.
- If you need an accommodation or assistance applying for employment, contact Centennial Bank at 501-328-4732. We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodations that may be necessary.
- Home BancShares, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or marital status, gender identity
or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- View Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- Home BancShares, Inc. is a participant of E-Verify. View the
Notice of E-Verify Participation and
Right to Work provided by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is in response to a formal complaint or charge, in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
||Send This Job to a Friend